NOW & THEN – The Church of the Apostles in Margaret Street, Launceston.
The foundation stone for the church was laid in September 1864. The nave and two aisles had been built by October 1866 and the church was opened the following month. Construction of the transept, sanctuary and sacristies occurred some years later. The bell tower and spire that we see today weren’t installed until 1989.